Wednesday, September 25, 2019

Problem connection to Samba Server

Today I have reinstalled Linux on a machine of mine, and configured it to use Samba to share a folder to the rest of my network.

However, when I tested my setup on a Windows machine, I got connection error.  I have checked my setup and everything seems to be fine.  At the end, it turns out nothing wrong with my setup as I can connect to this machine using IP.  The problem is with my NetBIOS resolver.

My Linux machine IP is 133, but the IP reported when I ping it on my Windows machine is 113.



If you have similar issue as i did, you may want to check your NetBIOS resolver too.  The problem may be in your network rather than your setting.


n.b. To clear DNS caches under Ubuntu is:

sudo systemd-resolve   --flush-caches



No comments: