Friday, November 25, 2011

EAC is crashed by Adobe Drive ...

I have been using EAC for a long time and have never had a problem before until today.  I had installed EAC on my laptop with 64bits Windows 7.   Everytime I ran it, it crashed miserably.  Initially I thought it is the problem with compatibility or permissions, so I tried to run EAC as Windows XP compability mode and as administrator.  Needless to say both failed.

After a bit of searching, it seems th culpit is Adobe Drive in CS4 as suggested on

http://www.digital-inn.de/exact-audio-copy-english/37892-eac-crash-vista-x64.html

I did as suggested to deregistered the two Adobe Drive DLLs, and my problem fixed.

regsvr32 /u "%CommonProgramFiles%\Adobe\Adobe Drive CS4\ADFSMenu.dll regsvr32 /u "%CommonProgramFiles%\Adobe\Adobe Drive CS4\AdobeDriveCS4_NP.dll

No comments: