Friday, December 11, 2009

Chrome

Since Chrome is now available on Linux, I decided to give a trial. I have tried the Window version before, but I don't like it such to its "lack" of security features. With Firefox, you can set it up to delete privacy information on exit. However, there isn't anything remotely close in Chrome. It is minimal and far too minimal for my taste.

For my date to date browser, I will still do it on Firefox as there is nothing come close to its plug-in ecosystem. However, Chrome has its places for certain "application" where tabs needed to open and close constantly. With Firefox, activities of such would gradually degrade its performance due to memory issues. If Chrome can manage memory as it advertise, it should handle this type of situation much better with its process base tabs. Well, time will tell.

No comments: