Sunday, March 1, 2009

Linux auto screen resize in VirtualBox

I have been using Virtualbox for a while now and I really like it. I always use the latest version if I can so I can get the latest fix and featuress. After I had just upgraded from 2.1.2 to 2.1.4, I noticed my auto resize in my Ubuntu Linux stopped working. I thought this might be caused by the incorrect driver module, hence I had recompiled the add-on again. It is only after the third time I noticed that there was an error message said that if my xorg.conf file contains modeline settings, the auto resize will stop working. Well, just in case you are like me who has not noticed that warning. To get the auto resize to work, simple remove any modeline from the xorg.conf and restart the window manager, everything should works again!.

No comments: