Saturday, August 4, 2012

Kubuntu and VirtualBox

I have hold back the upgrade from 11.10 to 12.04 as I have learnt my lessons not to upgrade to the latest as soon as it arrives as it is better to wait a while for all the initial teething problems getting fixed.

And 11.10 is working fine for me, well on my netbook anyway.  I know it is running the same Linux under the hood, but Kubuntu seems to handle power management a lot better.  At least my netbook won't put into sleep whenever I pull the power plug.

Anyway, the urge for me to upgrade to 12.04 is VirtualBox.  11.10 is just painfully slow running on VirtualBox.  Hence, I decided to upgrade to the newer version to see if it helps.  Gladly, it seems to work better.  At least I don't need to wait for a minutes for responses.

Update: The latest version of VirtualBox 4.2 seems to fixed the performance issue.  In fact, the new version has improved the speed across the board.

No comments: